What's new

Welcome!

@allowed scams at market

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
QXruvZB.png

It's like the 2nd or 3rd time this week that this guy advertises magnets, and seems like people are still buying them.
A guy on purpose put an item with similar name to the held with an expensive price (for the item, but normal held price) and profits on mistaken players.
Either change the name/colour/presentation of any of the items, or just start punishing this kind of behaviour from worthless players.

Thanks.

Tsotss

Reaction score
I agree, but to be honest there is player fault for buying for a such price without checking it correctly. Also there is a word "held" in bracket to make sure what you are trying to buy.

Arcanist Karl

Reaction score
I agree, but to be honest there is player fault for buying for a such price without checking it correctly. Also there is a word "held" in bracket to make sure what you are trying to buy.
I'm not excluding the player fault on this one. But it's a case where we are considering that the only person that should be damaged here is the player who wasn't fully aware here, instead the player who's trying to cause losses on others.
The held bracket was added to help with this matter. But if there isn't any held item on market so a new player can see this feature as an example, he can unadvisely/unwarily be scammed. It's well known that not many players gets in game and read everything on forum to be updated on rules, news, contents, etc. From time to time, I'm also surprised with new contents/changes on rules, even playing 4+ hours/day. We also know how our national chats can be toxic sometimes, with people not willing to help newcommers. So we can't expect everyone to know about it.
I think it isn't a rocket science to make things different to avoid this kind of mistakes. Also, it isn't impossible to note that a person that advertises such thing is clearly trying to cause harm/losses on someone else and handle it properly. Why instead advertising 300 magnets at once, he puts 5 by 5 everytime? It's just a matter to make it look rare and cause mistakes.
Advertising an item for whatever the price we want is not illegal, you can advertise a tm002 for 450k, and it won't be a scam. Another example is when Ability Urge got hyped, how many offers for Item Urge (way less useful item) we noticed rising its prices on market? In my PoV, there's a logical/moral difference in making it on unique items and doing it with items that are undoubtfully similar with other expensive items.
The concept of scam is: a fraudulent, deceptive, or dishonest operation, act, or activity.
With the situation we have now, the game is being friendly to a person that kind of undesirable/disgusting behavior in the community, but not that friendly to unwary/new players. We are telling them: ok, mind your business, it's your fault and you have to deal with your dumbness.
Don't really think its healthy for the community as a whole and decided to expose this opinion. Hope someone handles it properly.

Bubek

Reaction score
True, that's why punishing the player would be non sense. The only problem is that those two items are IDENTICAL in appearance. At least change the colors (i guess it's 2-3min of work).

Back