What's new

Welcome!

about halloween drawing contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

originalt

Reaction score
hi everyone i am Little disappointed about the halloween drawing contest. I will comment my honest personal opinion in this thread. I do not pretend to be hater or even act as a jury. I just want to express openly with you with respect my opinion about some drawings in this thread because I have the need to say my point of view about this event.

I want to emphasize that all the drawings fascinated me. The Most of qualified drawings that you chose semmed very correct to me, however I do not understand why some drawings were more overrated or above than other drawings.
My drawings should must have won at least first, second or third place.
In my opinion there were undervalued drawings and rather I found them superior or is comparable in creativity, colored, the idea that conveys the drawing, more effort and quality than some drawings of the players that won from the first 3 places.

I want to point out that one of the winners caught my attention: (vmpturek drawing) his pikachu is traced in a similar position from the Main drawing of padventures application (when you start to login appears the Halloween pikachu). Even so, maybe I shouldn't intrude but I want to remember that this is just like any comment and neither is my intention to create controversy. I respect your opinion and decisions and I hope that my opinion is respected in the same way.

Even though I did not win with my 2 drawings, I had a lot of fun drawing and coloring it with my markers accompanied with my best friend. Hopefully, next time I will do my best in the next events.

Thanks for reading this thread :3::3:Have a nice day :54::10::11:

Last edited:

Khormes

Banned user
Reaction score
Everyone is disapointed when he didnt win anything, in my opinion contests arent that good, because i think only one pearson is choosing winners(this time it was Zel). Also i think, if there is more than 1 winner, someone else should choose him, it means if Zel choosed one winner(first place) then if they want reward someone else with this place, only Jano or Raissa should choose :D.
But the truth is that we dont know how they choose it, and we should be happy from what we have.

crydoku

Pacific Ocean was made out of my tears
Reaction score
Why this hasnt been moved to crydokus thread?

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Everyone is disapointed when he didnt win anything, in my opinion contests arent that good, because i think only one pearson is choosing winners(this time it was Zel). Also i think, if there is more than 1 winner, someone else should choose him, it means if Zel choosed one winner(first place) then if they want reward someone else with this place, only Jano or Raissa should choose :D.
But the truth is that we dont know how they choose it, and we should be happy from what we have.

Wrong. It always takes long to post results because some staff members are slowpokes sending their scores.

The truth is that it's very hard to judge in such contests, because many drawings are very nice, but it's not possible to reward everyone. Maybe in your mind your picture was better, but in someone's else mind it wasn't. There are many factors for which pictures are being judged. But as I said, we cannot reward everyone.

Shouya

Reaction score
This usually happens after every event, you will eventually understand that there is no point in whining because their decision is final. I also feel bad wasting 2 days on decorating house along with 20-30k cash, and it was probably judged only by better edited pictures on forum but oh well. I don't mind it anymore, thanks for your constructive critic though!

Receptor

Reaction score
This usually happens after every event, you will eventually understand that there is no point in whining because their decision is final. I also feel bad wasting 2 days on decorating house along with 20-30k cash, and it was probably judged only by better edited pictures on forum but oh well. I don't mind it anymore, thanks for your constructive critic though!

no one told you to buy, you decided to take part in the competition, you had the same editing options as the others, the same amount of time, that you did not use them was only your fault, so why should they not count in the assessment?

Shouya

Reaction score
no one told you to buy, you decided to take part in the competition, you had the same editing options as the others, the same amount of time, that you did not use them was only your fault, so why should they not count in the assessment?

Because I believe every house should be judged by going to it personally, I mean that's why we had to give ID of the house...But don't start it, I don't wanna argue about it at all, I honestly don't care anymore.

sphyrnax

Reaction score
Not sure if it matters, but I'm dropping in to give my opinion anyway-- A constructive opinion that is.

I read a couple days ago, don't remember from who, that no matter what the end result is in a public contest like this one there will always be someone complaining or not happy with it. One, two, four people, the entire group, doesn't matter, there will always be someone who will not be happy with the results. Overtime I've learned that the healthy (and right) thing to do is to participate without expecting anything in return. You're invited to join and it's a free thing, you willingly participate without a fee in between. The contest gets cancelled? It's what it is, don't get mad. You didn't win? Evaluate the reasons, if the reasons are fair then accept it and move on. Someone you liked didn't win? Same thing. If the reasons are unfair then that's another topic but I see no unfairness here. I actually partially share originalt's opinion regarding some drawings but that still doesn't make it unfair, every judge had their selection and because of that it is fair, it's a democracy kind of thing within their circle.

I did like some drawings more than others, but I also agree with the vast majority of the drawings chosen, but I'm not a judge, and just like us the rest of the judges had their own opinions, which all had influence in the final choices for winners. I've judged contests like these in the past and it is indeed never easy, because when you put yourself in the judging seat you find it hard to choose a winner from many entries that are actually all capable, to the same degree, of claiming a spot. Especially when you empathize with the person behind it.

I also entered the contest myself without expecting to win or to get anything at all, I did it for fun and because I just wanted to paint something for the game. It was a personal feel that I just found convenient to take the opportunity and put it into the contest to attempt to win something with it. I'm unbiased with my opinion here, if I won or not that's out of the question. I also think the admins were generous enough to not only choose 3 players to claim prizes, they chose like 7? I assume because they considered they all deserved to win, but if they actually stuck to the rule they could have easily chosen only 3 and left the rest out. Gotta think about that too and be grateful for it. The staff was transparent, I see no bias here and that alone is enough to accept these as rightful results.

Anyway, that's just my thought, keep it healthy friends and be grateful for what we have :) Appreciate the effort of the admins for organizing these things (which isn't as easy as it might seem sometimes) and appreciate the beauty of what was shared with it, all those drawings that were nice in their own way, a genuine piece of each player that decided to draw something for the game whether they were good at drawing or not. It's a formed community within a forum thread, and a very nice one.

originalt

Reaction score
Not sure if it matters, but I'm dropping in to give my opinion anyway-- A constructive opinion that is.

I read a couple days ago, don't remember from who, that no matter what the end result is in a public contest like this one there will always be someone complaining or not happy with it. One, two, four people, the entire group, doesn't matter, there will always be someone who will not be happy with the results. Overtime I've learned that the healthy (and right) thing to do is to participate without expecting anything in return. You're invited to join and it's a free thing, you willingly participate without a fee in between. The contest gets cancelled? It's what it is, don't get mad. You didn't win? Evaluate the reasons, if the reasons are fair then accept it and move on. Someone you liked didn't win? Same thing. If the reasons are unfair then that's another topic but I see no unfairness here. I actually partially share originalt's opinion regarding some drawings but that still doesn't make it unfair, every judge had their selection and because of that it is fair, it's a democracy kind of thing within their circle.

I did like some drawings more than others, but I also agree with the vast majority of the drawings chosen, but I'm not a judge, and just like us the rest of the judges had their own opinions, which all had influence in the final choices for winners. I've judged contests like these in the past and it is indeed never easy, because when you put yourself in the judging seat you find it hard to choose a winner from many entries that are actually all capable, to the same degree, of claiming a spot. Especially when you empathize with the person behind it.

I also entered the contest myself without expecting to win or to get anything at all, I did it for fun and because I just wanted to paint something for the game. It was a personal feel that I just found convenient to take the opportunity and put it into the contest to attempt to win something with it. I'm unbiased with my opinion here, if I won or not that's out of the question. I also think the admins were generous enough to not only choose 3 players to claim prizes, they chose like 7? I assume because they considered they all deserved to win, but if they actually stuck to the rule they could have easily chosen only 3 and left the rest out. Gotta think about that too and be grateful for it. The staff was transparent, I see no bias here and that alone is enough to accept these as rightful results.

Anyway, that's just my thought, keep it healthy friends and be grateful for what we have :) Appreciate the effort of the admins for organizing these things (which isn't as easy as it might seem sometimes) and appreciate the beauty of what was shared with it, all those drawings that were nice in their own way, a genuine piece of each player that decided to draw something for the game whether they were good at drawing or not. It's a formed community within a forum thread, and a very nice one.

Everything you say it’s true :3::-D. I'm really still unhappy because I think I deserved to have won either first, second or third place. Deserved or not now i realized winning a contest doesn't depend as much on the skill of the artist as much as the tastes of the judges. Depends on who's judging it and what they're looking for. No one knows till the end. Even if your good doesnt mean youll have a chance to win.
Contests are like the lotto Its really hit and miss most of the time. And most of the time its a swing and a miss.

The thing is, winning or losing a contest should never form your own opinion about your own work. You can win when you did not deserved the win, and lose when you've surprised yourself with how good you did. It's not your fault if you don't win. We all like to win and I know we can't always be the winners. Even though I did not win with my 2 drawings, The best thing was that I really enjoyed drawing my two drawings and coloring it with my markers accompanied with my best friend. I will just learn from this contest and keep going. The next contest I will try even harder I will not give up!!!!:50::12:

Last edited:

ninja2007

Reaction score
1. You can get inspired with pictures from internet, but you cannot make them the same nor very similar.
2. Drawing Pokémon out of screen is not a good idea. We'll notice it and eventually give you less points than you may deserve

2Vkkir8.jpg

it2hmUY.jpg

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
1. You can get inspired with pictures from internet, but you cannot make them the same nor very similar.
2. Drawing Pokémon out of screen is not a good idea. We'll notice it and eventually give you less points than you may deserve

2Vkkir8.jpg

it2hmUY.jpg

Thanks for letting us know before rewards have been sent. Zelricks will announce another winner.

@Originalt
Stop using 4 forum accounts giving yourself thanks and posting from several accounts, including ninja one, don't make fun of yourself seriously :7::7::7::7: it's not like it will help you get that place lol. Be serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back