What's new

Welcome!

About contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centinela

Reaction score
Hello there

Id like to know how winners of contest are choosen? Is about likes in the image, staff decides, people with konwledge in design participates?

If I decide to participate in further contests Id like to know how to get best chances to win.

Being honest I still dont understand your decision.

Have a great day.

Last edited:

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Why don't you understand staff's decision?
I mean, you are being sure you should've won or somebody doesn't deserve his/her place?

Centinela

Reaction score
I mean, you are being sure you should've won or somebody doesn't deserve his/her place?

Hello there, I'm asking what should I consider next time, I'm not talking about others work, actually I apreciate the effort of each one who participated, Im asking about what staff considers to decide who wins or not.

Thanks for your answer.

Shouya

Reaction score

Why do you judge him immediately? Why do you dodge the questions also? He asked directly what are the reasons of someone winning and you should give him a direct answer to that.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Why do you judge him immediately? Why do you dodge the questions also? He asked directly what are the reasons of someone winning and you should give him a direct answer to that.

Dude, I don't judge him, I asked him questions to know how to answer his one the best way I can, so the one judging here is actually you.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello there, I'm asking what should I consider next time, I'm not talking about others work, actually I apreciate the effort of each one who participated, Im asking about what staff considers to decide who wins or not.

Thanks for your answer.

Staff has own channel on discord, and another one for only GM+.

Usually a CM who announced the contest asks other GMs and CMs to vote, so I can't really tell you how each one of them decides what's the best. I myself barely vote, if so, it's usually drawing contest. I judge coloring/shading/style/idea

VieZher

Reaction score
I've participated in the drawing, creepypasta, and wallpaper design, I gave my best but all of that is lost (poor for me, sad). Idk why, but maybe on the future is better to post the result rank of all participate so we can know where's the place of our creation. Thank you, it's just my opinion ^^

Centinela

Reaction score
Staff has own channel on discord, and another one for only GM+.

Usually a CM who announced the contest asks other GMs and CMs to vote, so I can't really tell you how each one of them decides what's the best. I myself barely vote, if so, it's usually drawing contest. I judge coloring/shading/style/idea

Hello again, well looks good the way you judge, would be great that you could be more active in contest's votations.

Centinela

Reaction score
Hello, here I go again

I apreciate Raissa's comment, but my post was mainly for the staff that usually votes in contests, havent got any answer yet from them. I know most of you are busy, but come on.

Eldaku

Reaction score
Here are for example my votes.

--> Order, quality and originality

d1GIpgY.jpg

Simpsomp

Reaction score
Depending on the type of contest is how each of us qualifies, for example drawing:

pikachudetective
Originality
Technique
Dedicated time
Used material
Content (If it matches the idea we are asking for in the contest)

We must take into account each of us has different tastes and appreciations.

Centinela

Reaction score
Well guys Im going to be frank, please no offense and nothing personal, Ive had some talk chat with some of you in these months and Ive found cool guys making a good job in game stuff.

But talking about design contests, really guys you're not doing a great job, you guys really need some design training, some advice from outsiders, lets not talk about my background design, even leting it out of the contest theres a hard lack of good points of view regarding design.

I have to say this cause in the first answer all was pointing on something like "oh you think you are better than others?" I repeat I got nothing against others job, everyone did a good effort, maybe some are designers, maybe some are young people, even kids, who knows? Ive been a web designer for more than 10 years, Ive worked with bad, good, very good, impresionant designers, many of them better than me in many ways, but come on, Ive talked with some designers that are padventures players too and the feeling of "something wasnt good here" is real.

I really want to think that all of these is cause lack of design training in some of the voters, Ive heard also in-game comments like "only staff friends wins", or "only staff designs wins" I cannot say its real neither if its fake, wouldnt be the first time staff is involved in corrupcy, but if you ask me what I think is all of this is just cause lack of design training.

As I said in the begining, please dont take it personal, take it as a positive critic, in the end mine was just a design, in your case is the main background of your game, your presentation... in the end image and mkting matters, and yes is also a "ok dont even participate again".

Have a great day all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back