What's new

Welcome!

New raid system

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshalldx53

Reaction score
ZQtS1NQ.png

The system is so good that, even though I did most damage, it only considered my last hit charmanderok

- Could you fix this bug?

- Could you please reduce the number of total number of ppl on group A to 2 or 3? At least on platinum

- And most importantly, can you please add some sort of priority on the loot for each group?

Last edited:

marshalldx53

Reaction score
I know, but it is pretty weird that I only got a single item (that's probably not on the hard loot group) because I dealt the most damage and last hit. Don't you agree?

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
I know, but it is pretty weird that I only got a single item (that's probably not on the hard loot group) because I dealt the most damage and last hit, Don't you agree?

I don't know if you understand the new system well, so I will try to explain it better.

Loot A = main loot is being drawn to 1-5 damage dealers, last hit doesn't matter at all. We kept it for achievement purposes.
Let's say Marshall, Arcanist Karl, Nymeria, Lany and Sucri are top 1-5 damagers. Loot from this group has been drawn to Arcanist Karl and Nymeria.
then
Marshall, Lany and Sucri are moved to get loot from Loot B with the same chances, as other its participants

Loot B = Medium Loot, it's for top 6-10 damage dealers + x others from Loot A, who didn't get loot.

Loot C = Noob loot, anyone who wasn't considered in group A and B + those from A and B who didn't get loot

Reason of that change is very simple. Now raids will be more enjoyable for other players, not only for those, who were constantly getting whole loot. Also we made it impossible to get 2 items (considered good ones like meowth bait + smart candy) at once.

marshalldx53

Reaction score
ok, now I got it.

But now let's talk about the fairness about this new system. Let's suppose we have a race or even a PAD contest/tournament, the 1st, 2nd and 3nd will get rewards BUT, unlike the idea that the best racer/drawing/dueler will win the best reward, the prizes are given randomly to these guys. We can take the upcoming car tournament in PAD as an example.

- Everyone who will advance from the group will receive Golden Coin
1st Place: Zarude + 60 premium days + Outfit Bag + TM Case of player choice
2nd Place: Cloned Box + 30 premium days + Outfit Bag + TM Case of player choice
3rd Place: Pikachu Cosplay* or Elemental Box of player choice + 15 premium days + Outfit Bag

Instead of having a 1st, 2nd and 3rd places you guys would say, "the prizes will be given randomly to the top 3 players". I'm pretty sure that the guy who outplayed everyone else and got 1st place would be some what frustrated if he got the third place prize and the other two folks that performed worst than him, got the best rewards, for example.

I agree about having a new raid system but adding randomness (more than what we already had) to an event that is suppose to be fair is not the solution. I think what you guys did with the contest would be a great idea and you could do the same to raids.

- Everyone who will advance from the group will receive Golden Coin

This would be, in my opinion, the solution. You would be giving more rewards to more players on raids (doesn't mean it have to be expensive stuff) but also rewarding or at least having loot preference for those that worked their ass off to figure out things and really struggled to win the raid/event.

Last edited:

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
Contests, Races and Tournaments happen way way way less often than raids. Actually all I see is that you are desperately trying to get back to the point where it was - When it was mostly you who was getting loot from most of the raids, but who worked for your loot, was every raid participant, not just you without them, you wouldn't be able to kill your boss. So all I can say in this moment is... cry is free.

marshalldx53

Reaction score
Yea, I feel “cry is free” is being the answer to most of things nowadays.

Sorry but I’m not doing this for my own agenda. I want to win stuff, like everyone else want but I’m not writing this as a mean for guaranteeing the best loot for me. Specially because it wasn’t like that with the previous system.

Last edited:

marshalldx53

Reaction score
no crying marshall now your easy life is over

Contra player igual você, minha vida sempre vai ser fácil.

Se você quer atenção, manda pm em game, eu te encho de amor, carentão

((To respondendo em português pra que você n precise usar tradutor de novo))

mewlove

lorensillo

Reaction score
Contests, Races and Tournaments happen way way way less often than raids. Actually all I see is that you are desperately trying to get back to the point where it was - When it was mostly you who was getting loot from most of the raids, but who worked for your loot, was every raid participant, not just you without them, you wouldn't be able to kill your boss. So all I can say in this moment is... cry is free.

I just want to make a point, I AGREE with the change you guys made, I think its fine giving chances to whom was worked also hard to beat the boss, I have been in the other side and it is frustrating when u and other players lose by idk 0.1, 0.2, maybe 2% or an small amount of damage or even more but you struggled there, I do think its ok giving the reward randomly to the top 5 as you guys made it now. But lets talk about the following case pls.

This is something that happens quite often, many people don't even know where to go when there is a raid, some others don't even care, sometimes its just a bad timing with low amount of players online, and in some other raids like latios/latias/groudon/etc, where everyone know the looteable items are not worth people don't go. Which lead us to situations like this (and I'm sure this happens even more in plat where u have less than 1/2 players in diamond)

tRbIsoy.png

Ok so, I think its totally ok that Boynykol, Soksok, Okoi Kisaragi and me have the same chances of winning a reward (random btwn top damages as it is now), but the algorithm tells us that one of those 2 guys that just made 0.5% is having the same chance than us 4 that we "soloed" the boss for so long? I think is not that hard to see that he should be in group B since the beginning of the split.

So what I propose:

- Amount of players per Group (A,B,C) depends on the total amount of players dealing damage to the boss, so if there are just 6 participants, split 3 and 3 for each group (just an example)
or
- Amount of players per Group, starting with A, depend on the % of damage dealt by each participant compared to the most damage dealer, so if the most damage did let's say 20% of damage, the other 4 participants(because the max players per group is 5) had to at least deal 10% (just an example), otherwise they would go to Group B

Thanks in advance for reading it.

Last edited:

Shouya

Reaction score
I'd rather suggest for raids to be more accessible to all players, especially to give precise location of where it is.

Including the rewards on some raids that no one goes to.

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess you guys also miss a thing in those changes. Before the change pretty much only top and last hit could get something (with some rare cases once a year where someone random got something). Which is also why many people stopped going to raids since they knew there is no way for them to beat those that always were doing top dmg.
With the changes if x boss would have even 5 possible tms in drop for first group (and all of them would drop) then entire top 5 would get something, ofc some bosses would have 1 reward, some 2-3 and even 4-5 not counting the lower groups. So now people have the reason to go to the raids because they know they have a chance to get something (and yes i guess it would still be possible to get nothing even being in top 5 if there is not that many rewards and someone would not be rolled for it) but now more people would be coming to raids.

lorensillo

Reaction score
ULdE0Mi.png

Better version of your image, in old system your brother wouldn't even get an item and just be wasting his time for you to get the loot.

dude I wasn't complaining with that post lol, I was just making fun of me xd, if I'm playing this is because the fun is real and I even said in my first post of this thread I like and agree with the new system, no need to fight me nor my brother ty

edit: due to many friends have spoke to me saying like "whats is jano saying xD" just wanted to make sure that my intention was never to come here to cry but just say the suggestion I already did, if i was about to cry or shitstorm i would of start different.

Last edited:

frostaren

Reaction score
As a fairly new player i think i should have some say in this. Lorens helped and introduced me to the raiding world, i started going to raids with literally useless pokemons to slowly doing more and more to a point where i think i always gave soksok or other guys some trouble, ofcourse they are still better than me but every raid i lost to the good guys like sok made me wanted to improve and i couldnt wait for the next raid. Within the 10 months of me playing, im still unable to beat soksok and other guys most of the time even with the best pokes and helds. And it seems like friends who complained about the raiding system always said something like "its easy for sok and lorens 6 op pokes with 6 op helds" but not only is that not true, as sok and lorens would outdamage you guys even if everyone had the best pokes/best helds its also unfair. Because i spent literally all my money for raid pokes, i bought the same pokemons x2 or x3 just so i have it for raids, i also bought helds for raids and thats where all my money went, because one day i hoped to be always competing for most damage and win some money back, now after all that training and money spent this happens and everything went to waste as even if i manage to win a raid people who didint spent near the time i did will have the same chance to win bedt items, an idea would be this: halloween and christmas raids would be the new system and old raids, the random ones, everything from idk a mew to sh ho oh should be old raid system.

; ofcourse just that i decided to spend the money on raid pokes shouldnt be a reason to change the raid system but what im saying is winning every raid is well deserved and costs time/money. Now winning the best reward by just getting top 5 is just luck as anybody with 2 decent pokes can make it to top 5, especially that raiding includes research, which i did a lot of before i knew what was where and what messages meant which boss.

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
frostaren said:
Because i spent literally all my money for raid pokes, i bought the same pokemons x2 or x3 just so i have it for raids, i also bought helds for raids and thats where all my money went, because one day i hoped to be always competing for most damage and win some money back, now after all that training and money spent this happens and everything went to waste
You still need them if you want to be qualified into group A. The difference is, that more people will participate in this group, more people will have chance to win something cool, and more people will participate in raids.

frostaren said:
halloween and christmas raids would be the new system and old raids, the random ones, everything from idk a mew to sh ho oh should be old raid system.
No way bruh

frostaren said:
; ofcourse just that i decided to spend the money on raid pokes shouldnt be a reason to change the raid system but what im saying is winning every raid is well deserved and costs time/money. Now winning the best reward by just getting top 5 is just luck as anybody with 2 decent pokes can make it to top 5, especially that raiding includes research, which i did a lot of before i knew what was where and what messages meant which boss.
Awesome, finally other players have chance to get cool stuff from raid besides of the same players :magihype:

I get ya guys, you just don't wanna share, that's understandable. Keep working to be in top 5 still hehe pichupat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back