What's new

Welcome!

[NEW] Held items - Discussion and Suggestions

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
In this thread you can suggest NEW held items with effects that don't exist yet. Other people can discuss your suggestion, agree or disagree. You must attach an argument everytime you are suggesting something new.

Current held items info can be found here:
http://www.padventures.org/index.php/p/v/helditems

Do not suggest here changes for already existing held items, there's another thread for that.
Your post must be in english.

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
Item Name: Web
Description: Increases damage of Bug type moves by 10%

As far as I can see all the types have a 10% dmg increase item except bug. I checked wiki, website and Aga's post on 1st Held Items thread but couldn't see anything that increases bug dmg by 10%

Item Name: Emergency Exit(support item)
When used, resets Teleports cooldown(Cooldown of the item can be 20~ mins)

Well lots of people wanted a teleport cooldown reduction because of accidentally teleporting to the wrong town. This can erase that problem and a 20 minute cooldown will keep it from being abuseable.

Last edited:

Jano

Administrator
Reaction score
Item Name: Web
Description: Increases damage of Bug type moves by 10%

As far as I can see all the types have a 10% dmg increase item except bug. I checked wiki, website and Aga's post on 1st Held Items thread but couldn't see anything that increases bug dmg by 10%

Item Name: Emergency Exit(support item)
When used, resets Teleports cooldown(Cooldown of the item can be 20~ mins)

Well lots of people wanted a teleport cooldown reduction because of accidentally teleporting to the wrong town. This can erase that problem and a 20 minute cooldown will keep it from being abuseable.

Web will be added, ground 10% is also missing btw

Emergency exit is viable

I would like to see held:Seed of memory
Which will teleport to saved place, for example grass 100+, but with long cooldown, like 2 hours?

Sounds like a pain in the ass to code due to all the restrictions that it may need (not teleporting to quests, instances, etc)
Best way would be to create a "whitelist" of allowed areas where you can teleport to, and even like that still sounds like a lot, maybe if we had like some kind of slave (Sting) who could fill these positions manually

Mirajane

Reaction score
A suggestion I have would be to add an item that will - Damage the user by 10% of its current hp every after (x amount) of seconds but reflects 10% of all damage received. Numbers can be adjusted if it sounds tooo OP.

Last edited:

Zecao

Reaction score
Red Card.
http://prntscr.com/oyr2pr
Red card: (player user) restrictions: can be used only at the beginning of the fight. The rival pokemon is returned to its pokeball and the most neutral pokemon of the enemy team appears. (similar to how Hold back works)

Hello, I would like to get into a somewhat controversial topic and that I would like to raise as subjective as possible.

Mega Stone:

With the introduction of the "held items" system an idea came up, it is the following: Add to the Mega Stones as Held Items.
I am a user of "mega banette" and it is a pokemon that is strong (for some too much) and it is the case of many users of the mega evolution obviously some more than others, being able to use a held item + the mega evolution seems to me something negative, for the amount of extra advantage that they would provide to a pokemon that is strong in itself,
that is why converting the mega stones into "held" items for user use, would be a great step towards a small change in the system of both mega evoucion and balance so that these pokemones are not extremely strong.
if you can use held item of the support type (that does not affect its damages and resistances

so my suggestion would be, change the current duration of the mega evolution from 6 hours, to 1 hour with a 30-minute cooldown to be used again with the Held item indicator to show us the waiting time this also thinking of people who can enter PVE, or simply go to level up with the mega pokemon in question

Cooldown example:
http://prntscr.com/oyracz

Last edited:

demzpacito

Reaction score
As I mentioned on main topic, I wish we could have items to give pokes skills they dont have

Few examples:

Harvesting Tool: Allow pokes that dont have Harvest skill to do so

Special Pick: Allow pokes that dont have Mining skill to do so

Hole Digger (pun intended): Allow pokes that dont have Find Hole to do so

Metin

Reaction score
A held item that triggers the pokemon's passive ability (if the poke has two or more, only one, chosen randomly) together with the first move used would be cool. Often times pokemons have great passives but never get to use them due to luck.

demzpacito

Reaction score
A held item that triggers the pokemon's passive ability (if the poke has two or more, only one, chosen randomly) together with the first move used would be cool. Often times pokemons have great passives but never get to use them due to luck.

fluffly tail already increases the chances of using passive

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
Item Name: Pixie Dust
Effect: Increases damage of Fairy type moves by 10%

Well, I just checked again, looks like Fairy type is also missing the 10% dmg increasing item.

Item Name: Aconitum
Effect: Increases damage of Grass type AND Poison type moves by 15% but user is always poisoned(100 dmg per "turn") OR user is 5% weaker to all types of damage.

Well, for starters, aconitum(Wolf's bane) is a very dangerous flower. The idea of boosting both Grass and Poison moves seems cool because we have a lot of Grass / Poison type Pokémon in game, and permanent poison/resistant reduction can be a nice way to kinda balance it(like Lustrous Orb).

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
Thank you very much for adding Aconitum! I got another item suggestion.

Item Name: Silph Scope
Effect: Allows Normal and Fight type moves to hit ghost types but they deal only 20% of their original damage.
OR
Can be only worn by Normal Type Pokémon. Allows Normal and Fight type moves to hit ghost types but user loses its Ghost type immunity.

First version of the item can be a nice lifesaver for some Pokémon both in PvP and PvE and 80% dmg reduction keeps it from being "broken".

Second version is an alternative to make it a double-edged item. Your Pokémon deals full dmg to Ghost types with its Normal and Fight type skills but in return loses its immunity which I think balances the item.

Last edited:

Sting

Community Managers
Staff member
Reaction score
Imo that kind of held should never exist why? Because it would 100% be used on any normal pokemon that do not have access to scrappy, dark moves or foresight and that held would just nullify core rule in pokemon. Not every normal type is supposed to have access to hit ghost type pokemons otherwise ghost immunity to normal type pokemons would be pointless. And im 100% sure that if we would add something like this then other people would want a held for ground pokemons to hit fly, for dragons to hit fairy and for poison to hit steel.

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
Imo that kind of held should never exist why? Because it would 100% be used on any normal pokemon that do not have access to scrappy, dark moves or foresight and that held would just nullify core rule in pokemon. Not every normal type is supposed to have access to hit ghost type pokemons otherwise ghost immunity to normal type pokemons would be pointless. And im 100% sure that if we would add something like this then other people would want a held for ground pokemons to hit fly, for dragons to hit fairy and for poison to hit steel.

But you are sacrificing your possible dmg buff item to deal 20% of your original dmg to ghost types. It's not like you'll deal 2k per hit and break the "core" you speak of.

Last edited:

Raissa

Administrator
Reaction score
But you are sacrificing your possible dmg buff item to deal 20% of your original dmg to ghost types. It's not like you'll deal 2k per hit and break the "core" you speak of.

I actually agree with Sting. Abilities are fine, because just few pokemons have them, but I'd rather not to release such held item.

Tuca Strike

Reaction score
Suggestion: Aim glasses - new held to improve single-target moves. (i dont know how much, 25-30%?)

Reason: I see that there are helds improving several area moves (rain-like, pump-like, terrain-like). Currently, the top most damage dealing moves are area moves, not single-target (with rarely exceptions), which I consider a strange logic, because while aiming the attack on a single target the pokemon could (in theory) make a concentrated/stronger attack. The consequences of doing area better in almost all scenarios dont incentivate trainers to make pokemons to be used better in different scenarios (example.: most of time the better TM to put on a pokemon are rain-like, wether using it to hunt, raid, duel, etc)

Back